COMMUNITY VOLUNTEERING AND INTERNSHIP
The internship / volunteer program at the EFRAH is designed to offer exposure to students and working professionals from varied academic and professional backgrounds. It is an opportunity for self-driven individuals to transform their passion into results and become a part of the effort to ensure a lasting change for children with intellectual and development challenges.
At EFRAH, we believe in the inclusion of all individuals irrespective of their caste, creed, religion, sex or challenge. We use the word ‘challenge’ rather than ‘ incapacity’ because we believe that when a any beneficiaries has a special need – any special need – these become challenges when society does not make room for these need. In keeping with our vision, we encourage people with the challenges posed by intellectual and development to apply for internships or to be a volunteer and be a part of the organization.
EFRAH receives volunteers and students for internship throughout the year. They are deputed from respective institute or universities for a specified period of time to get practical experience of society and social organization. After completion, they get a certificate on the basic of witch internship gets completed. We thank them for deep commitment to enhancing the quality of life of Delhi's slum communities, and for enabling us to build on the successes throughout the year we received volunteer from IGNOU, Jamia Millia Islamia, NIMHAS, School of Business Management, Mumbai, Azim Premji University, MANUU and Ambedkar University.
VOLUNTEERING AND INTERNSHIP PROGRAMMES
• Do you think it is unjust that millions of children are denied a childhood they rightfully deserve that they are denied their basic right to a home and family?
• Does it bother you that young girls in India are unable to complete their education simply due to lack of support?
• Do you ever wish you could share your talent, time and skills with those less privileged than you?
If you answer yes to any of the above, then get involved volunteer with EFRAH and be a catalyst for Child Rights.
Volunteers are Networks of professionals, corporate, students, residents or like-minded people who believe that every child has the right to enjoy their basic rights. They create a chain of active citizenship for Child Rights by spreading awareness on these issues, advocate in their own sphere of work or doing activities to tackle the issues affecting children.
Join our team of volunteers and make a change that stays.
Community action is a powerful catalyst of change and we offer individuals and corporate unique volunteering opportunity so that can be a part of that change.
Over the last 18 years, we have been fortunate to enjoy the support of innumerable committed people from India and overseas in our mission of enabling children to fulfill their dreams. Students from universities in India and overseas also volunteer their time through short term and long term internships at EFRAH.
Corporates have also given their valuable time for bringing joy to the lives of our children and youths while preparing them for their professional lives. We thank all the professionals from specialized fields like HR, Management, Law, Social Development sector, IT, Finance and Communications for being generous in providing advice and skills to our staff to improve our functioning.
We are now offering a great opportunity to our volunteers in the field of research and professional experiences to help create a platform and share research and information on Children’s Rights and Care in Delhi as well as in Uttar Pradesh.
Spend some time to:
• Think about what you have to offer - enthusiasm, expertise in a field, work skills, life skills or your affection and empathy for the children and women
• Work out the time you can give and how often you would like to volunteer a few hours a day, a few days a week, or just a day or few days every month
• Choose among the many options EFRAH provides, which best matches your skills & Interests.
• If you aren't clear about what you like to do, don't hesitate to ask questions while applying for an opportunity. We can even work out an option that suits your time and skill.
We will engage with you very actively, once you have made up your mind, so be committed to the time and work you sign up for.
- A bonafide letter from the educational institute requesting internships
- Send us a CV (here you can find an example how CV should be composed
- Sign EFRAH all Policies
- 2 reference letters ( For internships only)
- ID Proof (passport/driving license/student Identity card/ Aadhar/ Pan etc.)
- Planning and execution of work
- Reporting and attending feedback meeting
- Certification on successful completion of the assignment
- And the last, but not the least: there is no entrance/Registration fee for becoming a volunteer as it is required by some other organizations!